Please help... My friend tried to kill himself...?

Ask for advice and give your tips

Moderator: Vlada

Please help... My friend tried to kill himself...?

Postby oliviareeves » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:58 am

God... I don't know what to do anymore... I met him in my psychology class last year. I started talking to him, but he really didn't care for me and made it clear. He comes around a little later and asks me out to random places. He's VERY smart -- possibly genius, he's funny when he wants to be and he is actually cute.

The problem is this: he has NO FAMILY members left at all. His mother cheated on his father when he was young, and I guess that made him really dislike women because his father ending up killing himself. His brother overdosed on pills and his mother and sister were killed in an accident. Trust me, it took me forever to get him to really talk and sometimes I really don't know what to do.

My parents are immigrants from Slovakia and the Czech Republic; my family is huge. I can't stand half of them, yet he has none. I feel so guilty for that. We would just lay on the ground and talk forever about anything. He was very difficult to get close to, so we didn't even kiss for a whole year!

He gives me a sapphire pendant and tells me that if my heart was warm enough, it would melt the frozen stone, sending rain to end the driest drought. Honestly, I was developing feelings for this man during our times together, but after he told me that, I literally fell in love with him. Nobody ever really understood me in at all. He does entirely -- he even puts it into perspective for me. I don't know what I would do without him.

He gave me a key to his house and told me I could come over whenever. I usually don't show up without calling, but I just felt like I should be there. His place was a wreck. I found him in his room on the floor. He had pictures of his family sprawled on his bed. I tried to get him up, but he was just out of it. There were empty pill bottles all over his floor along with a gun.

I called an ambulance and it turns out he was too weak to even lift the gun. He tried to OD. They pumped his stomach and told me that he should be okay... Is he really going to be okay!?

When he wakes up, how am I going to talk to him? He just tried to actually end his life! Stupid... I know people have their troubles, but he hids his so well. Even after the deaths of his family, he portrayed it as there was nothing wrong.

Maybe I am stupid. I knew that there was something there...just couldn't put my finger on it. Didn't think he would actually try it... Turns out when you think you know someone, you don't. I can't talk to my family about him because they don't like him. My friends think I am crazy, so I cannot speak to them. I still feel alone, yet when I am with him, I don't. And now, I feel like I am losing the only person that matters in my life. I am 24, yet I feel so old... What am I to do!?
oliviareeves

Advertisement

Return to Tips & Advice