To make online friends

Ask for advice and give your tips

Moderator: Vlada

Postby Mariee » Wed May 18, 2011 10:49 am

terence wrote:I really hope you find someone in real life. It's a completely different story to have someone to talk to from face to face than just online... it's on a much more personal level if you are talking to someone in front of you and maybe have a beer together and being able to see his or her reactions. I have a couple of real good friends in real life but I also enjoy getting to know new people via internet, for example on social networks or sites like gameduell where you can play against each other...

I feel the same way as well. I think online-friendship is a great thing but it just never is the same as being in contact face to face. Good luck and I hope you find a good friend! :)
Mariee

Advertisement

Postby easyrider » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:07 pm

You can find friends online. But the best way is not to hit people up straight away and say "Hey, do you want to be my friend?" A more productive way is to get involved in some large forums with very active discussions. There you will form relationships with people over time and then you can more naturally suggest linking on Facebook etc and take it from there. If the person lives near you then all the better. You could end up with a "real life" friend (as opposed to just an online friend).
easyrider

Previous

Return to Tips & Advice