Countries where International marriage is Illegal?

Ask for advice and give your tips

Moderator: Vlada

What country has the highest rate of international marriage?

Russia
50%
Colombia
No votes
Thailand
50%

Total votes : 8

Countries where International marriage is Illegal?

Postby overseabrides.com » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:37 am

Can anyone give me a list of the countries that have made international marriage illegal or at least very difficult? I recently published my own international dating site and have been staying with catering to latin and Russian communities it seems as if the asian communities have strict laws. The whole mailorder bride thing has been a heated topic and I want promote a safe and legal site.
overseabrides.com

Advertisement

Fwd: Countries where International marriage is Illegal?

Postby michaelmoon » Sat May 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi, it was a fantastic dating advice that you shared with us.
Thanks a lot!
michaelmoon

Re: Countries where International marriage is Illegal?

Postby micheal_9 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:35 pm

overseabrides.com wrote:Can anyone give me a list of the countries that have made international marriage illegal or at least very difficult? I recently published my own international dating site and have been staying with catering to latin and Russian communities it seems as if the asian communities have strict laws. The whole mailorder bride thing has been a heated topic and I want promote a safe and legal site.

My thoughts don’t collide exactly with what you say….but anyways…..every one has its own way!!!!
micheal_9

Postby nijila » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Hey
I think <above user> is right. He has good knowledge. I hope above suggestion will help you.
All the best!!
nijila

Postby Martinez » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:49 pm

If you paid for the hook up with your fiancee, I'd say, play it safe and put it down. There's no penalty for using an international marriage broker,really as long as you have a valid relationship and intend to get married and live together. As for the other question, your fiancee will have to apply for a waiver through USCIS. If they grant the waiver request, she'll be able to come to the US, if not, she'll have to wait until her time is up.
Martinez

Postby Onlinedating » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:04 am

I would say that there are a number of asian countries that have restrictions to international marriages mainly due religion matters.
Onlinedating

Postby kleinerMuuk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:02 am

i don't think that such a marriage is anywhere illegal!
kleinerMuuk

Postby uunique18 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:46 am

Well the information which you give here is very helpful.You really do a good work. I think there are many countries of asia that have restrictions to international marriages mainly due religion matters.But I have not a list of that countries.
uunique18

Postby viper7 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:45 pm

I did not know there were countries where this is illegal. Restrictions yes.
viper7

Postby jwirght » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:39 am

Really you fabulously explain about the international marriage. You have a beautiful knowledge of the various countries regarding to the international marriage. If international marriage also happens then there are many rules and regulations which are necessary to follow like a fiancee will have to apply for a wavier through USCIS.

We must be the change we want to see
jwirght

Postby lefthandlasf » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am

I don't know there is any law against international dating and marriage except Muslim Countries.Actually ,in some developing countries like China,women like to marry Western men
lefthandlasf

Re: Countries where International marriage is Illegal?

Postby christina » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:38 am

overseabrides.com wrote:Can anyone give me a list of the countries that have made international marriage illegal or at least very difficult? I recently published my own international dating site and have been staying with catering to latin and Russian communities it seems as if the asian communities have strict laws. The whole mailorder bride thing has been a heated topic and I want promote a safe and legal site.

Marriage is not illegal for any country. But I think that in many Asian countries are highest rate in the international marriage. :?
christina

Postby jamestaylor » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:20 pm

I don't think it is a case of marriage being illegal in some countries. It is more that marriage is discouraged when it involves their son or daughter marrying someone from a completely different culture.
jamestaylor

Return to Tips & Advice